Dear Dr. Weidner
Good to hear from you. Both chairs are good chairs from a company that offers good customer support should anything go wrong with them. Here are the pros and cons for both:
1. Firm massage with adjustable intensity.
2. Airbags in the seat.
3. Paddle massage in the calves.
4. Rotating ottoman to hide the calf wells.
5. 8 auto programs to choose from.
6. Well suited for taller people…shorter frames may feel the chair is too long (literature states fitting someone up to 6’5″ tall).
7. Zero gravity feature
8. Looks like an executive chair, but may not feel terribly cozy and comfortable (it doesn’t fit you very “snugly”).
9. You must operate the ottoman and chair back separately…there is not one button that puts you into a massage-ready position for both the ottoman and chair back at the same time.
10. Rollers only go down to the belt level in the low back.
11. Larger chair size than the ZeroG 4.0 and requires 12-18″ distance away from the wall to accommodate a full recline.
1. Massage intensity can be adjusted separately in the low back and upper back.
2. Foot and calf massage, also using paddles.
3. Ottoman hidden under the seat.
4. Chair looks more like a regular recliner rather than a massage chair.
5. Softer faux leather and smaller frame of chair makes for a more comfortable and snug fit.
6. Ottoman can be rotated under to hide the foot and calf wells.
7. 4 auto programs to choose from.
8. Body Map Pro is a very intuitively easy and graphic way to isolate massage to any part of your spine.
9. Rollers travel further down the spine than just the belt level (2″ longer roller track than the HT-7450).
10. Fits a person up to 6’2″ tall.
11. One button can be pressed and held to put the chair into a reclined, zero gravity position with the ottoman extended.
12. Zero gravity.
13. Smaller-sized chair than the HT-7450 that only has to be placed 5″ from the wall to accommodate a full recline.
I personally like the look and feel of the ZeroG 4.0 chair more. It is a comfortable fit. If you are a tall person, taller than 6’2″, for example, you might want the HT-7450. But, if like me, you are under 6′ tall, the ZeroG 4.0 will fit you much better.
I hope this helps you make a decision. You can always call me at 888-259-5380
. I am always at your disposal, Monday through Sunday, almost any time of the day or night. If you get my voice mail, leave a message and I’ll get right back to you.
Thanks, again, for your inquiry.
Dr. Alan Weidner