Many are aware of the “S” shape in the human spine. Because of evolution from walking on all fours to an upright position this curve was created as a result of the transformation. This curve in the spine which helps to support the upper body in an upright fashion however was not originally designed this way and creates undue pressure on the lower back and spine. This pressure may cause lower back pain in aging results that at times can be very painful.
- Back pain can have a variety of causes but the most common are muscular strain, disc prolapse, or a combination of both conditions.
- The good news is that up to 90 percent of acute back pain resolves itself within six weeks, with or without treatment.
- Should one’s back suddenly give out, try over-the-counter anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen and a heating pad to relieve the pain.
“Having evolved from ancestors that once walked on all fours, when we moved on to just two legs our large heads then had to balance precariously on rather ill-equipped apparatus.”
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Mobility & Stretching - December 9, 2019
- Rare gene mutation gives rise to low sensitivity to physical problems - March 5, 2018
- Stress affects your health more than you may think - March 1, 2018
- Is your office job ruining your posture? - February 26, 2018
- Top 10 Accupressure Points For Pain Relief - February 22, 2018