I get this question a lot, so I figured I’d share a recent email from a client and my response to it so that you can all understand the difference…if there even is one (hint, hint!)…
What is the difference between the ( Inada Sogna Dreamwave Chair ) and the ( Inada Sogna Dreamwave Plus Chair )? Both are mentioned on your web site but I can’t determine the difference between the two chairs.
Thanks for your email. Great question! (I get it a lot)
Here is the story about the two different names:
When Inada first came out to the USA with the Inada Sogno model in February 2008 they had two models, the Inada Sogno Standard and the Inada Sogno Dreamwave Plus massage chairs. The Inada Sogno Dreamwave Plus had a few things that thethe Inada Sogno Standard did not:
1. Heating feature – the Dreamwave Plus had a low back, very mild heating element.
2. 3D Massage – this is a feature that the Plus had that allowed the user to increase intensity of the roller massage by using a button on the remote control that would move the rollers more forward thus pushing the body of the user further forward…thus providing a deeper, more intense massage.
3. The Plus had a creme color option that the Standard did not.
4. Dreamwave Technology – the Plus had it, the Standard did not (that is why the Plus was called the Dreamwave Plus, because it had that important feature as an additional feature).
5. Cost – The Inada Sogno Dreamwave Plus was $500 more than the Standard model.
Just a few short months after introducing both models to the US market, Inada discontinued the Standard model because everyone was buying the Dreamwave Plus model, since it had so much more for only $500 more.
Late last year, Inada requested that we stop calling the Plus model Inada Sogno Dreamwave Plus and just call it Inada Sogno Dreamwave. It is the only Sogno model they have now.
So, the bottom line to your question is that both names represent the same chair. There is only one Inada Sogno and it’s proper and official name is the Inada Sogno Dreamwave.
I hope you decide to purchase your new Sogno from us. Here is a promo code for you to use that will give you 5% off on the price of the chair: “5off”
Just add it to the coupon section of the shopping cart to get your discount. Feel free to call or email me anytime if you have other questions or if you’d like assistance with your order.
Thanks again for your email.
Dr. Alan Weidner