Some of the best material for my blog comes from questions that shoppers, like you, ask about different massage chairs. It actually challenges me to make sure I know the models well enough to offer constructive input on a chair, alone or in comparison to another. I had another email request for information about the differences between the HT-135 massage chair by Human Touch (same family as the HT-125 and HT-136 massage chairs….exact same chairs except for the looks!) and the Panasonic 1285 massage chair. Below is the question, as asked by the shopper, and my response to him. I hope this assists you good folks in your massage chair buying decision:
Hi I have spent much time on your website looking at massage chair info. I am considering the Panasonic ep1285 and the Human Touch HT135 and wondered if you had a preference of one or the other and if so why?
Thanks for any info you may be able to offer.
Also your web site is very informative.
Thank you so much for your email. Two great chairs you are looking at. Here are the differences and similarities as I see them (we have both chairs in our showroom):
1. both chairs have leather upholstery
2. the HT-135 has a swivel base, where the chair can be swivelled 60 degrees, whereas the Panasonic 1285 is fixed on the ground.
3. the Panasonic 1285 has a calf AND foot massager ottoman with a 6 inch extender for taller folks, whereas the HT-135 has just a calf massager (which can be rotated so that the calf wells do not show when not in use).
4. the HT-135 has 3 main auto programs: full back, low back, and upper back. The Panasonic 1285 has 4, more sophisticated, auto programs: Shiatsu, Swedish, Chiro, and Quick.
5. neither chair has an intensity adjustment for the rollers.
6. both chairs have vertical roller height adjustment for taller and shorter folks.
7. the Panasonic 1285 has the following manual functions: kneading, compression, swedish, hawaiian, soft shiatsu, tapping
8. the HT-135 has the following manual functions: kneading, compression, percussion, roller width adjustment.
9. the HT-135 has a stretch function, whereas the Panasonic 1285 has a leg stretch feature.
10. neither chair has thigh/buttock massage.
11. neither chair has heat function.
12. generally speaking, the HT-135 has a more vigorous roller massage on the back than does the Panasonic 1285.
Except for the less vigorous massage, I would prefer the Panasonic 1285 massage chair over the HT-135. The HT-135 model has been discontinued so will only be available until stock runs out.
Well, that about does it. I hope this helps in some way. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. You can always reach me on my personal cell phone, 801-651-2026.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- New Massage Chair Warranty Registration - September 10, 2019
- Massage Chairs for Bigger Bodies! - August 21, 2019
- Massage Chairs or Massage Therapists: Which Is Better? - August 13, 2019
- Make-A-Wish Foundation & Massage Chair Relief - August 9, 2019
- New Massage Chair Relief Store Coming to Arizona!! - August 7, 2019