Riding a bicycle is generally regarded by medical professionals as an effective form of low impact exercise. Running, even walking, can put physical stress on joints; but cycling is an aerobic exercise that doesn’t risk damaging the skeletal system. Beyond the physical benefits, such as improved cardiovascular health, there are mental benefits to regular exercise. Instances of depression and anxiety are often reduced by an active lifestyle that includes exercise. A cycling routine can improve general health, but can specifically tone and work the legs and hips.
Read more: Cycling regularly reduces stress and anxiety
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Rare gene mutation gives rise to low sensitivity to physical problems - March 5, 2018
- Stress affects your health more than you may think - March 1, 2018
- Is your office job ruining your posture? - February 26, 2018
- Top 10 Accupressure Points For Pain Relief - February 22, 2018
- I Tried Bowen Therapy & It Changed My Life - February 19, 2018