Inada Sogno vs. Inada Yume Massage Chair
Inada comes up with a new massage chair every few years. These offerings are not rehashed old models, but are marked by advances in technology and innovation. The Inada Sogno Dreamwave massage chair came to market in 2008, with the Inada Yume following in 2011.
Inada has lived up to its pioneering reputation with these two models. They boast functions not seen up to now in the massage chair industry. I will go through the differences between these very popular Inada chairs, so you can see what works better for you.
Inada Sogno Massage Chair
1. Thigh massage with airbag compression (works the ITBs – Ilio-Tibial Bands).
2. Full arm massage with airbag compression (includes hands, wrists, forearms, and arms).
3. Cervical Traction Headpiece – airbag massage for neck and upper shoulder (trapezia) muscles.
4. Dreamwave technology for the seat (provides side to side with up and down pelvic movement with low back airbags). This feature especially is beneficial for acute low back pain. The technology is revolutionary enough that Inada chose to use Inada Sogno Dreamwave as the full name of this model.
5. Airbag massage for foot and calf.
6. Rollers move below the lower back to the upper buttocks via a vertical track. They reach lower than other massage chairs.
7. The seat includes a heating mechanism.
8. Contemporary design (Award winning).
9. Colors offered include black leather, creme, red, chocolate, dark brown and black.
10. White glove delivery offered, including setup and removal of shipping materials.
11. This is a very large massage chair – with two boxes (324 lbs. total) required for shipping.
12. Comprehensive standard three year on-site warranty.
13. Price is $6999 (at this writing).
Inada Yume Massage Chair
1. Rocking chair motion (5-7 rocks per minute)
2. Therapeutic Calf Massage – Calf Muscles are massaged with a Thera-Elliptical-Kneading process. The calf wells move up and down in a kneading motion along with airbag compression to produce an intense massage.
3. LED lighting on the sides of the calf wells to produce a relaxing atmosphere when room lights are turned off.
4. Neck airbags to stretch the neck by alternating inflation on the head and shoulder on one side at a time. Less sophistocated than the Inada Sogno, but still effective.
5. Seat airbags for low back rotation. (The Inada Sogno gets this effect with low back airbags.
6. No thigh, arm, or foot airbags like those found with the Inada Sogno.
7. No heating mechanism.
8. Usually regular door-to-door delivery.
9. Comprehensive standard three year on-site warranty
10. Colors include black, dark brown, creme, and red.
11. Much smaller massage chair than the Inada Sogno. It ships in one box at 271 lbs.
12. Price (at this writing): $5499.
To sum up, the Inada Yume and Inada Sogno primarily differ as follows:
1. Inada Sogno employs Dreamwave technology in the seat, a cervical traction device or headpiece, calf and foot airbag massage, thigh airbags, and full arm airbags.
2. Inada Yume uses airbag technology for neck stretching massage and seat massage. There is no foot, arm, or thigh airbag massage. It does include thera-elliptical-kneading for the calves and rotary rocking.
3. No heating mechanism in the Inada Yume while the Inada Sogno includes a subtle heating mechanism at the back of the seat.
4. More color choices with the Inada Sogno.
5. The Inada Sogno is a much larger chair than the Inada Yume.
6. Price – There is a $1500 difference.
There you have a comparison of the two most popular Inada chairs. You cannot go wrong with either of them; it simply depends on what features of these high quality massage chairs will meet your needs.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Super Novo & Master Drive AI & Aura - September 17, 2019
- New Massage Chair Warranty Registration - September 10, 2019
- Massage Chairs for Bigger Bodies! - August 21, 2019
- Massage Chairs or Massage Therapists: Which Is Better? - August 13, 2019
- Make-A-Wish Foundation & Massage Chair Relief - August 9, 2019