Age-related macular degeneration (AMD), the leading cause of vision loss among older adults in the United States, is often associated with psychological stress. A simple stress rating scale (the Perceived Stress Scale) is a valid and useful way to evaluate the connection between stress and progressive vision loss from AMD, according to a study in the March issue of Optometry and Vision Science, the official journal of the American Academy of Optometry. The journal is published by Wolters Kluwer.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- 7 Ab Strengthening Moves People Can Perform With Back Pain – Men’s Health - July 21, 2017
- Curmudgeon report: Aching back is pain in the neck – The Virginia … – Virginia Gazette - July 21, 2017
- The yoga paradox: How yoga can cause pain and treat it – Starts at 60 - July 21, 2017
- When a pain in the neck is serious – Harvard Health - July 21, 2017
- Positional Release Therapy Helps Release Pain – Massage Magazine - July 20, 2017