Age-related macular degeneration (AMD), the leading cause of vision loss among older adults in the United States, is often associated with psychological stress. A simple stress rating scale (the Perceived Stress Scale) is a valid and useful way to evaluate the connection between stress and progressive vision loss from AMD, according to a study in the March issue of Optometry and Vision Science, the official journal of the American Academy of Optometry. The journal is published by Wolters Kluwer.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Signs of stress that must be addressed – White Mountain Independent - March 27, 2017
- Many ways to treat persistent back pain – The News-Press - March 27, 2017
- 5 Skin Conditions That Get Worse with Stress (and How to Chill) – Shape Magazine - March 27, 2017
- Alleviating neck and shoulder pain by professional manipulation and acupuncture – Galway Advertiser - March 27, 2017
- The Modern Man’s Guide To Stress – FashionBeans - March 24, 2017