Age-related macular degeneration (AMD), the leading cause of vision loss among older adults in the United States, is often associated with psychological stress. A simple stress rating scale (the Perceived Stress Scale) is a valid and useful way to evaluate the connection between stress and progressive vision loss from AMD, according to a study in the March issue of Optometry and Vision Science, the official journal of the American Academy of Optometry. The journal is published by Wolters Kluwer.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- 3 super-easy ways to de-stress at work in under a minute – Well+Good - May 26, 2017
- Healthy stress defined, coping mechanisms suggested – Uniontown Herald Standard - May 26, 2017
- 4 science-backed ways to be less stressed and more productive at work – CNBC - May 26, 2017
- Exercises for neck pain: These 4 exercises will get rid of your neck pain – India.com - May 26, 2017
- How to stop stress and anxiety wreaking havoc with your gut health – Netdoctor - May 25, 2017