Age-related macular degeneration (AMD), the leading cause of vision loss among older adults in the United States, is often associated with psychological stress. A simple stress rating scale (the Perceived Stress Scale) is a valid and useful way to evaluate the connection between stress and progressive vision loss from AMD, according to a study in the March issue of Optometry and Vision Science, the official journal of the American Academy of Optometry. The journal is published by Wolters Kluwer.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Health Beat: Artificial disc a new option for back pain - November 17, 2017
- 10 Reasons Your Neck and Shoulders Hurt While Running - November 17, 2017
- Is Pregabalin an Effective Treatment for Chronic Sciatica? - November 17, 2017
- HealthWatch: Artificial Disc Replacement: New Option for Back Pain - November 16, 2017
- This Is the Best Sleep Position for Your Health, According to Doctors - November 16, 2017