The 1st Comprehensive Massage Chair Comparison Chart!
Although I mentioned my new massage chair comparison chart in one of my weekly industry updates, I thought I would devote an entire blog post to the chart. It is truly an invaluable resource for anyone looking to get a massage chair or anyone doing research on massage chairs, as part of their due diligence before making the big decision to shell out their hard-earned cash to get one of these awesome machines.
This project has been in the back of my mind for over a year, but it wasn’t until the tail end of last year that I really put in the effort to create this feature of massage-chair-relief.com. Between my knowledge of the chairs, the data from the manufacturers, and my own experience with the chairs in our Salt Lake City showroom, I had all the info I needed to put this chart together.
The concept of it began when I was getting overwhelmed by customers calling me with questions about various massage chairs that we carry and I didn’t have the information readily at hand to answer the questions comprehensively. I knew that Panasonic had a very comprehensive comparison chart…but only of their massage chair models. I saw on some other competing massage chair websites comparison charts that really weren’t very thorough and quite frankly didn’t help me out at all.
So, I began the labor of finally putting together a spreadsheet with the first column containing all the features that I thought shoppers and massage chair researchers would be looking for in a massage chair. The list was very rudimentary at first but after weeks and then months of tweaking and adding features, I ended up with a list of over 50 features that I felt would really give the massage chair shopper all the info, on paper, that they would need to assist in making an educated decision.
Of course, having the knowledge is one thing…but trying out a chair is an entirely different thing. But, together, the information and experience would give the shopper everything they needed to make the best decision. Just sitting on a chair was not enough for many folks, because they really didn’t find out everything that a chair had to offer during a brief 15-30 minute massage chair session. It helps so much to know beforehand what a chair has to offer. Armed with the information that a comparison chart has to offer, a shopper is so much more prepared to experience the massage chair model.
The remaining columns are dedicated to the massage chair models of each of the massage chair companies.
Here is the link to the comparison chart for your perusal:
I have been working on it for about 3 months and we finally launched it last month.
How to use the massage chair comparison chart:
1. Once you have clicked on the link above, you will come to a page that has two tabs, one that is labeled “Comparison” (default) and one that is labeled “Select Models”. Click on the “Select Models” tab.
2. You will see images of all the massage chair models that we carry, each image accompanied by a check box to the left of the chair name. Check off the boxes of the chairs you are interested to compare. I suggest no more than 3-4 models so that the displayed data will be totally visible.
3. Once you have selected your chair models, click the button at the top of the page that is labeled “Compare Models Now.”
4. You will be now taken to the “Comparison” tab. You will see the models you have selected listed on this page, side by side, still with checked boxes next to the names of the chairs.
5. You will also see the long list of features on the left hand side. You can run down this chart and see which chair has which features. It should be very easy to read and compare.
6. If you want to delete one of the chairs you selected, simply uncheck that chair at the top of this page and the page will auto-refresh with only the remaining chairs. If you want to add more massage chairs to the comparison page, just click on the “Select Models ” tab again and go to the chairs you want and check the boxes. Then, back to the top of that page and hit the “Compare Models Now” button again. You will be taken back to the “Comparison” tab.
And that just about does it! Enjoy and have fun making an educated decision now about which massage chair is going to adorn your home or office.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Review of the Luraco Legend Massage Chair - February 16, 2018
- Ogawa Smart 3D vs. Ogawa Touch 3D - February 5, 2018
- CES and Massage Chairs – 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 3D L-Track & The New Infinity Presidential Massage Chair - December 18, 2017
- Free Massage Chair Returns Through 12/31/17! - November 27, 2017